Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, September 9, 2011

Welcome

I wanted to quickly welcome everyone to the Neighborhood Libraries Ideas and Suggestions blog. This is intended as a place where all staff in Neighborhood Libraries can easily share ideas and ask questions of colleagues and NL Administration. These can pertain to anything that relates to HPL or Neighborhood Libraries. I am particularly interested in steps that can be taken to assist staff throughout Neighborhood Libraries. More than just posting, I want to encourage everyone to freely comment on postings and respond to comments so that we can use this as an avenue for ongoing dialogue between staff members at all levels throughout our many spread-out locations. I feel that finding a means for encouraging that dialogue and providing staff a means to communicate with each other is essential.

The importance of communication and dialogue is especially true when it comes to NL Administration. We need to provide everyone a means to communicate with us as easily as possible. Our job is to be advocates for our staff and to work to help you do your jobs. To do this, we need to find ways to better communicate and listen to the large group that makes up Neighborhood Libraries. Ultimately, the best and most productive comments, ideas, suggestions, concerns, etc. come not from our level but from folks on the front lines. I sincerely hope that this blog will serve as an avenue for staff to share such ideas and begin an ongoing conversation with one another and with NL Administration.

-Mike VC

No comments: