I'd like to see HPL partner with the local museums to offer free admission, either by showing your library card at the museum, or by having passes that are available at the libraries for people to check out. I think there was something like this years ago (free admission on a certain day at MFAH with a powercard), and I'd like to see something like this happen again. I think it might motivate some people get a powercard who might not otherwise be thinking about the library.
I did a google search for "museum passes at library" and I got lots of results. Macy's seems to have sponsored a lot of them through the "Museum Adventure Pass" program. It looks like libraries handle museum passes differently, so we have lots of options here. We already have a partnership with the Children's Museum via the FLIP kits (patrons fill out the surveys and get free passes), and I'd love to see partnerships with the MFAH, Science Museum and Health Museum, at least!
Sara Pope
Heights Neighborhood Library

No comments:
Post a Comment