Monday, September 12, 2011
Change for Copiers/Printers
Something needs to be done re: change for copiers and printers. Since the machines only take bills and do not give change, we are frequently forced to tell patrons they either need to put $20 on an easily lost-or-stolen card, or go away to get change and come back. At our library, we are not particularly close to any store... everything is at least a block away, and I know there are other libraries more remote than ours. Likewise, copy machines will only take up to $3 at a time, meaning anyone with a $5 is forced to seek change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This has been an ongoing issue. The business office and IT were investigating solutions. I have not heard anything in a while. I will check on it and post what I find here.
Thanks,
Mike VC
I spoke with IT and they share that they have looked in to machines that make change. Unfortunately, any company that would provide the service would need to see more of a profit than our usage can generate.
I am still exploring other solutions. Please share any ideas anyone might have to address this issues.
Thanks,
Mike VC
Post a Comment